FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
UA Media Relations
Universal Audio Releases PolyMAX Synthesizer
— Vintage-inspired synth gives producers the sound of the golden age of analog polyphonic synthesizers —
SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • November 8th, 2022 — Universal Audio Inc. (UA), a worldwide leader in audio production tools including Apollo and Volt audio interfaces, UAD plug-ins, UA mics, and UAFX guitar products, is proud to introduce PolyMAX, a vintage-inspired synth that gives producers, sound designers, and musicians fat tones from the golden age of analog polyphonic synths.
“The iconic sound of analog synthesizers from the 70s and 80s left their stamp on countless records and film scores of the era, and are revered to this day for their lush harmonics and ability to sit easily into any mix,” says Bill Putnam, Jr., CEO of Universal Audio. “Created with our deep analog-modeling expertise, PolyMAX is inspired by these timeless sounds and fits seamlessly into any DAW‑based workflow.”
With an approachable user interface and album-ready presets, PolyMAX allows creators to dial in the perfect sound quickly, regardless of genre. Onboard studio‑quality UA effects include the sound of a classic digital “Hall B” reverb, tape delay, and modulation textures such as phasers.
Available for Apollo and UAD hardware owners, and for UAD Spark subscribers, PolyMAX Synth comes alongside the Hitsville Reverb Chambers and C‑Suite™ C‑Axe Noise Suppressor in UAD software v10.2.
Polymax Synth Key Features:
- Capture the lush harmonics and warm bottom‑end of the best polysynths ever made from the 70s and 80s, created with UA’s industry‑leading analog modeling expertise
- Onboard studio‑quality UA effects include the legendary digital "Hall B" reverb, and vintage analog phasers, flangers, and tape delay
- Dial in the perfect sound quickly with an intuitive user interface and album‑ready presets
- Available natively via UAD Spark subscription ($19.99/month) or as a perpetual license ($199) for Apollo interface and UAD hardware owners (AAX, VST, AU)
New in UAD Software v10.2:
- Hitsville Reverb Chambers — Detroit’s historic reverb
- PolyMAX Synthesizer — Fat analog tones from the golden age of polysynths
- C-Suite™ C‑Axe Noise Suppressor — Dynamic noise suppression for guitar and bass
- Compatible with UAD Spark, Apple silicon, macOS 13 Ventura, and Windows 11
Learn more about PolyMAX Synth:
Download images and press materials:
Download UAD Software v10.2:
Learn more about UAD Spark:
Learn more about award‑winning UAD plug‑ins:
About Universal Audio Inc.
Universal Audio (UA) is a pioneer in audio and music production tools, with a rich 60-year history of craftsmanship and innovation. UA today enables millions of audio and music creators worldwide, with industry-standard Apollo and Volt recording interfaces, UAD plug-ins, UAFX pedals, advanced audio machine learning, LUNA recording suite, and UA Custom Shop hardware. UA is headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, with passionate employees worldwide — united by our goal of "Inspiring Sound for Generations."
©2022 Universal Audio, Inc. All rights reserved. Product features, specifications, pricing, and availability are subject to change without notice. The "Universal Audio" name, UA "diamond" logo, “Apollo,” “Apollo Twin,” “UAD,” “Powered Plug-Ins,” and “LUNA Recording System" are trademarks or registered trademarks of Universal Audio Inc. *All other trademarks contained herein are property of their respective owners, which may or may not be affiliated with Universal Audio Inc. Specifically, the Neve, 1084, 1073, MOOG, Studer, Spitfire Audio, Orange Tree Samples, and Loops de la Creme trademarks are used with permission. Other marks, including Steinway, are used to suggest the products that were studied in the creation of LUNA Instruments, but are not in any way affiliated with Universal Audio.