FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
UA Media Relations
Universal Audio Releases UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt 3 DSP Accelerator
— Featuring upgraded connectivity, the newest UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt 3 powers UA’s award-winning UAD plug-in library —
SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • September 17th, 2019 — Universal Audio is proud to release the UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt, an upgraded version of the popular DSP Accelerator available in QUAD or OCTO Core formats, now with Thunderbolt 3 connectivity.
The UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt 3 is a powerhouse DSP accelerator that gives Mac and Windows 10 users complete access to the world’s most detailed and authentic analog emulation plug-ins, exclusively on the UAD platform.
Bolstered by next-generation connectivity, UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt 3 lets users run large professional mixes with the rich analog character of award-winning UA-developed plug-ins, including exclusive titles from Neve, Fender, Lexicon, Studer, and many more. Plus, it’s backward-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 UA devices.
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via Thunderbolt 3 on modern Mac and Windows 10 systems (backward compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 devices)
- 4 (QUAD) or 8 (OCTO) SHARC processors provide a massive DSP boost for running large professional mixes
- Access over 100 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, Helios, and more
- Includes the Analog Classics Plus bundle featuring Legacy editions of LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176 Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A, Pultec Pro, and Fairchild 670 plug-ins, plus 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Cubase, Live, and more
- Combine with other Thunderbolt-equipped UAD-2 devices including PCIe card(s), UA Audio Interfaces, and additional Satellites
- Dual Thunderbolt 3 ports for daisy-chaining of Thunderbolt peripherals
- Also available with Custom software packages featuring user-selectable plug‑ins
Download images and press materials here:
Learn more about the UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt 3 DSP Accelerator:
Learn more about UAD Accelerators:
Learn more about award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins:
About UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Powered by Universal Audio’s popular UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware and Apollo Thunderbolt and USB audio interfaces, UAD Powered Plug-Ins offer the world’s most authentic analog hardware emulations and award-winning audio plug-ins on Mac and PC. UAD plug-ins deliver rich, analog sound quality that would be difficult or impossible to achieve with native recording systems.
About Universal Audio Inc.
Founded in 1958 by recording pioneer Bill Putnam Sr., and refounded in 1999 by Bill Putnam Jr., Universal Audio is best known for its classic, hand-built analog hardware and advanced UAD Digital Signal Processing technology for recording, mixing, and mastering audio. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, UA is focused on merging the best of vintage analog and modern digital technology, following its rich recording heritage and motto, "Analog Ears. Digital Minds." www.uaudio.com
©2019 Universal Audio, Inc. All rights reserved. Product features, specifications, pricing, and availability are subject to change without notice. The "Universal Audio" name, UA "diamond" logo, "Apollo," "Apollo Twin," "UAD," "Powered Plug-Ins," and "UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins" are trademarks of Universal Audio Inc.