Universal Audio Jobs
If interested in any of these positions, please send a resume and
cover letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
Current Job Opportunities
Enterprise Data Integration Developer
Location: Scotts Valley, CA
Reports to: Business Applications Manager
Utilize your 10+ years of experience to scale our business capabilities and build out our operational infrastructure. You will be responsible for all phases of data integration between external parties, software applications and various database systems. This position will enable the flow of data within and outside the company. The successful candidate will have had a track record of analyzing, designing, developing, and delivering robust integrations between mission critical business applications, 3rd parties and cloud based data warehouses. This role will require a high degree of technical aptitude, with a strong focus on SQL, reporting and programming skills.
- Focus will be on ETL, automation and reporting.
- Participate in requirements gathering across functional teams, including Finance, Marketing, Operations, and 3rd Party Partners.
- Design, configure, and administer existing integration tools and services (e.g., MS SSRS, MS SSIS, Service Connect, and relational databases) and using Web APIs (e.g., Amazon S3, Epicor, REST and Segment) and traditional internet protocols (e.g., FTP, SMTP, SSH).
- Utilize tools such as SSRS Report Builder, SQL Server Management Studio, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Visual Studio with SSDT.
- Be the technical owner and subject matter expert to the deployed solutions.
- Set ‘best practices’ in software development lifecycle methodology.
- A mastery level of SQL and strong programming capabilities with C# and other languages.
- Expert level skill using Excel and understanding its use by analysts for reporting is essential.
- Track record of translating complex business requirements into efficient process and systems solutions
- Experience developing and upgrading against ERP platform (Epicor ERP familiarity desirable)
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills; ability to drive to solutions (Optimizing processes, SQL queries, profiling, debugging and analysis)
- Understanding security and task management in Windows Server is required.
- Demonstrated discipline in communicating, documenting, and cross-training team members to insure production support to your customers.
- Experience providing leadership and influencing a roadmap of technology deliveries that align to the Company’s objectives and operating plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, Engineering, or related field
Location: Scotts Valley, California
Reports to: Director of Product Management
Universal Audio (UA) seeks a Product Manager with a strong background in pro audio, recording, and MI products/markets. Universal Audio makes some of the most advanced hybrid digital/analog audio products available in the market today. The position of Product Manager requires that you be adept at managing both software and hardware products. You must have outstanding communication/documentation skills and you must be able work within diverse product development teams.
As a member of the Product Management team, you will be involved in the early stages of product development, including market research and customer interaction; as well as defining product requirements during the definition and design phases. You will be responsible for clearly communicating technically complex information to multiple departments, while managing the lifecycle of professional audio, recording, and music-making products.
The role of Product Manager at UA is multi-faceted. You will work within cross-functional groups in the organization to define product requirements that solve customer problems and pain points. Your primary role is to insure UA is making products that customers will love.
As a UA Product Manager, your primary deliverables include Market Requirements Documents (MRD), Product Concept Documents (PCD), Product Requirements Documents (PRD), as well as Product Briefs (to Marketing Communications) and planning presentations for executive staff.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the product strategy and the roadmap based on business opportunities, ROI, customer needs and market trends for Universal Audio products
- Deliver on-time definitions with prioritized products/features/workflows and corresponding business justification plan
- Work with different departments including Engineering, QA, Manufacturing, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service & Finance to drive new product releases
- Interact with customers via available channels (pro studios, home studios, social networks, trade shows, etc.) to build products and features that solve problems for customers
- Hold regular planning meetings to continually drive the product roadmap
- Manage product lifecycles (Launch, Sustain/Update, EOL, EOS, etc.)
- 5+ years of relevant and progressive domain experience within the music, pro audio, technology industries, or related industry
- 5+ years product management and or product marketing experience from a business-to-consumer software or hardware company
- Expert in music recording/creation technology including recording interfaces, effects processors/plug-ins, digital audio workstations, guitar products, and virtual instruments
- Experience identifying customer and market pain points and building solutions to solve them
- Experience with entire product lifecycle (from concept to launch and end-of-life) for more than one product
- Expert in modern computers used for modern audio production
- Excellent communication, planning, prioritizing and organizing skills
- Able to contribute to definition of strategic vision and to articulate it in front of a wide variety of audiences
- Able to understand technical concepts and evaluate complex tradeoffs
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Able to rally and gain backing from internal stakeholders in order to build organizational support for the proposed product strategy and designs – lead through influence
- Willing to travel when necessary (Trade Shows, Competitive Evaluation, Customer Visits, CABs, Etc.)
- Retail sales experience in Pro Audio/Recording/Music
- Expertise in more than one digital audio workstation (DAW)
- Expertise in more than one major computer operating system (OS)
- Experience managing direct reports
Vice President of Engineering
Location: Scotts Valley, California
Reports to: CEO
Universal Audio is looking for a Vice President of Engineering who will use their expert level management experience to clearly set organizational direction and purpose for software and hardware products backed by a decades long legacy of innovation, superlative quality, and technical passion. You will be responsible for meeting the delivery requirements of the company roadmap while maintaining the company’s devotion to craft.
- Collaborate with Product Management to determine scope and viability of requested product features.
- Drive architecture for new products.
- Manage and direct reliability standards pertaining to the materials and techniques used in design and production.
- Ability to demonstrate objective decision making for high level / high impact engineering issues.
- Establish, refine, and improve protocols and processes to support efficiency, encourage growth, and ensure success.
- Inspire highly productive relationships and partnerships for the benefit of the organization.
- Set goals, monitor work, mentor/coach, and evaluate results to ensure objectives and operating budget requirements are met.
- Promote a culture of innovation, continuous improvement, accountability and excellence.
- Maintain skilled and adequate resources for all engineering functions in the pursuit of fulfilling company goals.
- Provide technical reviews of key proposals and adapt to changing conditions.
- Manage all phases of the development lifecycle.
- 8 to 10 years delivering software/hardware products in the global professional audio or related markets.
- 8 to 10 years managing multifaceted senior level engineering teams.
- Experience shipping products with embedded processing architectures.
- Direct experience with mixed signal audio applications.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and develop resources, create time tables, budgets and assign tasks and responsibilities.
- Experience building teams.
- Experience coordinating resources, providing direction, making decisions and evaluating outcomes.
- Expert knowledge of Agile development methodologies and demonstrated ability to implement them.
- Expert knowledge of modern CPUs and their relevant architectures.
- Advanced degree in electrical engineering, computer science or related area.