Universal Audio Jobs
If interested in any of these positions, please send a resume and
cover letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
Current Job Opportunities
Enterprise Data Integration Developer
Location: Scotts Valley, CA
Reports to: Business Applications Manager
Utilize your 10+ years of experience to scale our business capabilities and build out our operational infrastructure. You will be responsible for all phases of data integration between external parties, software applications and various database systems. This position will enable the flow of data within and outside the company. The successful candidate will have had a track record of analyzing, designing, developing, and delivering robust integrations between mission critical business applications, 3rd parties and cloud based data warehouses. This role will require a high degree of technical aptitude, with a strong focus on SQL, reporting and programming skills.
- Focus will be on ETL, automation and reporting.
- Participate in requirements gathering across functional teams, including Finance, Marketing, Operations, and 3rd Party Partners.
- Design, configure, and administer existing integration tools and services (e.g., MS SSRS, MS SSIS, Service Connect, and relational databases) and using Web APIs (e.g., Amazon S3, Epicor, REST and Segment) and traditional internet protocols (e.g., FTP, SMTP, SSH).
- Utilize tools such as SSRS Report Builder, SQL Server Management Studio, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Visual Studio with SSDT.
- Be the technical owner and subject matter expert to the deployed solutions.
- Set ‘best practices’ in software development lifecycle methodology.
- A mastery level of SQL and strong programming capabilities with C# and other languages.
- Expert level skill using Excel and understanding its use by analysts for reporting is essential.
- Track record of translating complex business requirements into efficient process and systems solutions
- Experience developing and upgrading against ERP platform (Epicor ERP familiarity desirable)
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills; ability to drive to solutions (Optimizing processes, SQL queries, profiling, debugging and analysis)
- Understanding security and task management in Windows Server is required.
- Demonstrated discipline in communicating, documenting, and cross-training team members to insure production support to your customers.
- Experience providing leadership and influencing a roadmap of technology deliveries that align to the Company’s objectives and operating plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, Engineering, or related field
Platform Software Engineer (SDK)
Location: Boulder, CO
Reports to: Senior Software Architect
Universal Audio is a rapidly growing company in the music industry, specializing in audio digital signal processing peripherals and software, as well as being a long-established manufacturer of classic tube and solid state microphone preamplifiers, compressors, and EQ’s. We are looking for a talented, motivated platform software engineer to participate in the evolution, development, and support of our UAD plugin platform. If you are looking for challenging and exciting engineering work in the music industry, we would like to hear from you.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years software development experience
- Strong C/C++, including templates
- Ability to define, document, and implement complex software designs with simple abstractions
- Professional communication and collaboration skills for working with, and supporting, partner companies
- Audio plugin format experience including VST, AU, and AAX.
- Strong analytical, communication, and team skills
- Professional audio software development experience desirable
- Experience on Mac OS X, Windows (XP, Win 7), and Linux
- API and SDK design
- Multi-threaded programming
- Ability to organize technical information and interest in teaching others
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: General Manager, New Markets
Universal Audio (UA) seeks a Product Manager with a strong background in music/MI hardware/software, pro audio and recording markets. Universal Audio makes some of the most advanced hybrid digital/analog audio products available in the market today. The position of Product Manager requires expertise at managing both software and hardware products, including in-depth software applications. You must have outstanding communication/documentation skills and be able work within diverse product development teams.
As a member of the New Markets Product Management team, you will be involved in the early stages of product development, including market research and customer interaction; as well as defining product requirements during the definition and design phases. You will be responsible for clearly communicating technically complex information to multiple departments, while managing the lifecycle of professional music-making, audio and recording products.
The role of Product Manager at UA is multifaceted, but a key role is to ensure UA is making products that customers will love.
Primary deliverables include agile sprint owner materials such as Market Requirements Documents (MRD), Product Concept Documents (PCD), Product Requirements Documents (PRD), as well as Product Briefs (to Marketing Communications) and planning presentations for executive staff.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Development of new product areas for UA that combine incredible technologies with studied craftsmanship
- Contribute to UA’s product strategy and the roadmap based on business opportunities, ROI, customer needs and market
- Deliver on-time definitions with prioritized products/features/workflows and corresponding business justification plan
- Work cross-functionally between all departments in UA to drive new product releases
- Interact with customers via available channels (pro studios, home studios, social networks, trade shows, etc.) to build products/features that solve concrete problems for customers
- Manage product lifecycles (Launch, Sustain/Update, EOL, EOS, etc.)
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of relevant and progressive domain experience within the music, pro audio, technology industries
- 5+ years product management and or product marketing experience from a business-to-professional or “prosumer” software or hardware company
- Expert in music recording/creation technology including recording interfaces, effects processors/plug-ins, digital audio workstations, guitar products, keyboard products and virtual instruments
- Experience identifying customer and market pain points and building solutions to solve them
- Experience with entire product lifecycle (from concept to launch and end-of-life) for more than one product
- Expert in modern computers used for modern audio production
- Excellent communication, planning, prioritizing and organizing skills
- Able to contribute to definition of strategic vision and to articulate it in front of a wide variety of audiences
- Able to understand technical concepts and evaluate complex tradeoffs
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Able to rally and gain backing from internal stakeholders in order to build organizational support for the proposed product strategy and designs – lead through influence
- Willing to travel when necessary (Trade Shows, Competitive Evaluation, Customer Visits, CABs, Etc.)
- Job is fulltime and located in Los Angeles, CA (satellite UA development location)
- Retail sales experience in Pro Audio/Recording/Music
- Experience with keyboard instruments, guitar products and effects processors
- Expertise in more than one digital audio workstation (DAW)
- Expertise in more than one major computer operating system (OS)
- Experience managing direct reports
Senior Applications SW Engineer
Location: Los Angeles, CA
At Universal Audio we employ the world's brightest engineers to create award-winning audio SW and HW tools. We are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Applications SW engineer. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding position at an exciting and growing audio company, we would like to hear from you.
Working in a cross-functional team with the team GM, UI designer, product managers, other SW Engineers, and SQA, you will work on product requirements and software concepts and actively create a new generation of UA music and processing software products.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience in design and modern software paradigms like OOP
- A passion and interest in music and audio
- Quality conscious, good communication skills and team-oriented
- Experience in developing audio applications a plus
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or related field
Senior Content Marketing Manager
The Senior Content Marketing Manager will lead UA's content production team to drive the acquisition, engagement, and retention of customers through creation of original branded content. These content vehicles include artist and product videos, blog articles, technical tutorials, newsletters, and social media content. The ideal candidate will have a publisher mindset, be both creative and metrics-driven, and an expert in writing, directing, creative “concepting”, digital content marketing best practices, video production, and project management.
- Conceptualize, plan, and execute global content marketing initiatives, including high-level strategy, production schedule, and tactical briefs.
- Lead the video, writing, and social teams to create timely, effective, editorially consistent content for various UA customer segments.
- Develop and foster a systematic approach to content marketing and report on relevant metrics — including customer acquisition, engagement, and retention.
- Write, edit, and direct stories across media to educate users about the features, use-cases, and unique benefits of UA products.
- Inspire users with original activation concepts and artist-led storytelling.
- Pitch new ideas and write comprehensive, actionable briefs for team members.
- Manage project timelines and budgets to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Coordinate with EU Marketing, Product Management, Artist Relations, Advertising, Social Media and PR efforts, as well as external freelancers or agencies.
- Evaluate content initiatives and provide constructive feedback on assets to ensure high quality output.
- Define KPIs at the start of all content projects, and review and report the success of your campaigns at conclusion, in an effort to continually improve.
- Actively follow and evaluate content marketing trends and developments.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Creative Writing, Journalism, and/or equivalent experience.
- Strong familiarity with audio and music production and deep understanding of musician/engineer/producer mindset and tools.
- 5+ years of experience producing web, e-mail and social media content.
- 5+ years of copywriting experience; digital and e-mail channels strongly preferred.
- Flawless writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Full command of the craft of advertising and promotional copywriting; able to develop fresh, snappy, engaging, and well-structured headlines, body copy, and calls to action.
- Experience with search engine optimization (SEO).
- Familiarity with CRM platforms and content marketing software.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, and other marketing analytics tools.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Experience with Magento/CMS a plus.
- Customer/client interaction experience a plus.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.