Since its unveiling at the 2014 Winter NAMM Show, Apollo Twin Thunderbolt audio interface has been put through the paces by producers, studio engineers, musicians, and industry tastemakers alike.
Here are some of the online reviews by industry-leading publications.
Sound on Sound
- “The Apollo is a very attractive proposition with no direct competition. It was well worth the wait.”
- “I love it. Tracking vocals through a chain including the new 610-A and B preamp models, with the Studer A800 and LA-2A inserted, I had virtually no perceptible latency. This is nuts! And as far as in-the-box tracking and mixing go, having that tonal flexibility and power is a game-changer for me.”
- “I’m one of those foolhardy souls who performs live on guitar via laptop, and the Twin blows away anything I’ve used in both sound and build quality.”
- "Between their hardware specs, Unison preamps, and included collection of classic processors, the UAD Apollo Twins are quite possibly the best two-channel interfaces in their class."
Pro Sound Network
- "The Apollo Twin is a winner in my book — it sounds great, the Unison mic pres are remarkable, and it performs flawlessly along with the UA Console software and DAW of choice."
DJ Tech Tools
- "Phenomenal sound quality and unmatched output levels. The high quality of the plug-ins, as well as the external processing power of the DSP make the Apollo Twin a welcome relief for laptop producers both at home and on the road."
- “Everything about the Twin feels, looks, and sounds wonderful. Those of us who have embraced the UAD plug-ins finally have our mobile solution to take those amazing plug-ins with us on the go.”
- “Apollo Twin’s Console software is more than a mere control panel; it’s like a fully- fledged virtual recording studio.”
- “With Apollo Twin, Universal Audio has succeeded in creating a lower-priced version of Apollo without sacrificing quality.”
Products in this article: Apollo Twin